I'm a Harry Potter loser and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Yes, I've gone to see all the movies on opening night. Yes, I stay at home from the cottage to receive my pre-ordered book on the release date. Yes, for the last one I had to have my husband hide it to make sure I showed up to a bridal shower I was co-hosting and yes, I do my first reading of it from start to finish. I take the occasional break to eat. Incidentally - including a dinner break a date at Starbucks (forced by a non-reading husband) and a lot of Dash ins and outs (and one chase around the back yard when he picked my beer mug up and started running with it) it takes approximately 11.5 hours to read.
Overall, I enjoyed it. It answered most of the questions from previous books although I felt some were not adequately answered. It did introduce the Deathly Hallows somewhat late in the book, I felt, given that it's the name of the book. It was for an older audience but I find these books generally seem appropriate for whatever age Harry is in the book. There is a section in the first half that I found a bit too drawn out and a big part of the second half that I find didn't get enough detail. It doesn't have the little bits of humor of the other books but since the book deals a lot with evil and death and there aren't a lot of sections that don't, that probably wouldn't have been appropriate. I felt satisfied with how it ended. I also found a whole new level of love for Mrs. Weasley's character near the end.
That's enough....I'm almost done my second reading so I'll add more comments if necessary.
Friday, August 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment