Between this little annual event called Christmas (which I'm so far from being ready for but I'm told it will happen whether I'm ready or not) and the bus strike, there haven't been a lot of posts. I'm just so very, very tired. I have some kind coworkers who are picking me up in the morning but since the commute takes so long, they pick me up between 6:00 and 6:30 depending on snow conditions. Blech. If it weren't Christmas season, it wouldn't be so bad but then we have something on most evenings so I can't even get to bed much earlier.
My feelings on the bus strike are mostly annoyance. I'm annoyed that the union won't even let the workers vote, I'm annoyed nobody's going to the table even, I'm annoyed that it's scheduling that they're stuck on when no other city has these scheduling policies...I'm annoyed that they haven't opened the bus lanes on the highway to carpoolers AND that they're using my tax dollars to pay police officers to sit in the bus lanes during rush hour to make sure nobody does.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
now honey, you can't pay everyone's salary!
Post a Comment