Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Stresses and resolutions

A loose translation of the title would be Christmas and New Year.

Happy New Year everyone!

Oddly enough, most of my Christmas stress this year wasn't completely Christmas related and wasn't as self-induced as usual. I blame OC Transpo. As much as I realize that they're taking a lot of heat right now, waking up at 5:00 or 5:30 to catch the carpool and sometimes still not getting home until after 4:30 depending on weather and traffic combined with Christmas-type activities in the evenings and needs for sleep and shopping doesn't make a pretty picture. Whoa run-on sentence batman!

So we survived Christmas, I got spoiled and got some lovely things. I may have had a bit of a meltdown right after. I kept telling myself that I would worry about getting ready for the baby after Christmas and then all of a sudden it hit me that it was after Christmas.

After much discussion, we took care of my nephew on New Year's Eve. Sister and husband were going to the Canada/US Juniors game so we brought over supper, ate before they left. Played with the little monkey for a bit before putting him to bed and they were back for traditional (okay, maybe just for my sister and me) New Year's milkshakes at around 10:30. I had the traditional version, husband (mine) and sister may have added just a bit of Khalua. Really, the depressant effect of alcohol was necessary because boy was she full of energy after getting home from the game!

We managed to stay up until 12:05 or so before going to bed. Several jokes were made about them wheeling Dick Clark back into his box for another year followed by my husband's clever reference to "Dick in a box" (which you'll find funny if you're not my parents or grampa and probably won't understand the pop culture reference if you are). Good times were had by all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Dick in a box"...very funny Lee!
SEL