I haven't posted in a while but here I am.
I was taking a quick peek at the WalMart website today. I looked under the "Toys" tab because for some reason you can't do a search on that &$%*# website without selecting a category. I was glad to see that they had a section for different ages and "Adults" was listed as one of the age groups. So I clicked on it and found....batteries. That's it. Batteries. I know that people call cars and things toys for adults but, come one, we all know that adults have toys too. If you need proof, I would love to know what you would call the dart board at the cottage otherwise. You certainly can't call it a "sport" the way we play it although people often come close to losing eyes. People call me Spilly because I'm such a klutz - just picture that throwing a pointed object. It's even more dangerous because often one of the assorted dogs (particularly Piper) decides to follow their owner from the board back to the starting position so they're often underfoot.
For the first time in awhile, we aren't going to the cottage this weekend. It's Father's day which means lots of golfing for Lee and ribs for me. I know what you're all thinking "Kelley's father likes ribs"...well, no (okay, I'm assuming Mom and Dad, neither of you thought taht). Here's the deal. Lee and Dad love minute steak and Mom and I hate it. Mom and I love ribs but Lee and Dad hate them...as with Jam and the Girl at the copier centre (I hope you get the reference or you're really wondering about my sanity)....put those hands together. So we had ribs and minute steak for Mother's day and will do the same for Father's Day. Tonight, I'm going out with some ladies from work. The plan was to do it the week I was sick but we cancelled so tonight's the night. Maybe I should buy some batteries for us to play with? Even after daiquiris I don't see the fun.
Friday, June 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I knew there was something I forgot. I was thinking about margueritas...maybe tonight instead of wine!
Ha ha.
SEL
Kelley... did you ever stop to think that batteries could be very useful for grown-up toys that Walmart doesn't sell?
Just a thought.
Post a Comment