Friday, September 12, 2008

Holy jumpin'!

I just noticed that I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks! Wowzers!

I think the main reason for the lack of posting has been the triple whammy of having a bunch of appointments in a few weeks, having someone new start at work with my Director away and finally being able to announce to the world that we're having a baby. I've been a little better at updating my baby blog (the baby's daddy's been negligent though) and if anyone wants access who doesn't have it already, let me know.

Let's discuss the office kitchen. I really don't understand why every morning when I go to make my toast I have to clean the counters before AND after. I don't understand why I have to wash my jam knife before AND after. I don't understand why someone who spills in the fridge thinks it's okay to leave it there or why they assume that someone else will throw their 2 week old leftovers out.

2 people on our floor but not in my department took it upon themselves to leave signs up this week saying that at 1:00 p.m. today, the fridge would be cleaned. Anything in there was fair game to be thrown out. I rescued my jam and frozen bread (for the above-mentioned toast) and thanked them profusely for doing this (I may have thrown the term "heroes" around). One coworker noticed (natural) peanut butter that she forgot she had in there and rescued it. Then she realized it's been in there a very long time and threw it out. I don't know what became of the other 5 jars of peanut butter that were in there although I did have another coworker rescue theirs.

No comments: