Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nothing else is done, but the kid's still alive, well and moderately clean

The house is a disaster (although probably slightly better than before I was home) and I'm exhausted. I keep forgetting things and I may be losing my mind but I figure that my job right now is to keep this baby healthy, as happy as can be and everything else is gravy, right? So why do I feel guilty? Meh, I'm trying not to sweat it - I pretty much always feel guilty about something so if I didn't feel it about this, something else would take over.

Other things I could feel guilty about but am choosing not to:
-I lied the other day to avoid seeing someone I didn't want to see.
-I bought a game for my Nintendo DS and I'm wishing that I'd brought it downstairs before the kid fell asleep so I could play without waking him.
-I threatened to home school my kid and when my husband said that he'd end up 40 and living in the basement, I said "good, then I can still take care of him and about 1% of me actually meant it.
-His diaper needs changed - oh! That means that I'm not keeping him clean. Gotta go!

No comments: