Not that long before we moved, we bought a dyson. It was a bit of a splurge but we got a great deal.
I'm not the world's greatest housekeeper, which you know if you've been to my house, but I'm working on it. Now that the baby's only getting up a couple of times a night, I only have to nap when he's napping after bad nights. It means that I sometimes get dinner made and try to get the house in slightly better shape.
I think I can say without exaggeration that I've vacuumed more times at this house (so in less than 2 months) than I did at the old house (in slightly over 5 years). Now, those of you who are kinder are thinking that most of the old house wasn't carpet. I would like to use that as an excuse but, in all honesty, the whole upstairs was carpet until the last year we were there.
We are working on "de-old lady"ing our house. We bought some paint because that's the cheapest improvement we can make. It may take awhile (after all, we have to take a ridiculous amount of wallpaper down) but we'll get there.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment