That's what I asked the woman sitting next to me on the bus this morning. Oh no, wait, that's just what I she acted like I asked her. What I really asked was "would you mind trading seats so that I can sit next to my friend?". What I should have asked was "Could we please trade seats because the annoyed look on your face from us talking over you is getting in the way of our conversation?". Regardless, I got to have a nice chat with my old babysitter/family friend who I ran into on the bus. I haven't seen her since her daughter's wedding 2 summers ago so it was great to catch up!
Something I should have said on the bus last week to the guy sitting behind me:
- No, it really isn't appropriate to cut your fingernails on the bus. However, we'd all like to thank you for not cutting your toenails as well.
And to the guy next to me:
- The reason I didn't want you to sit beside me wasn't the black top hat. It wasn't the greasy hair or the fact that both of these look a little odd with your formal suit and briefcase. You smell. That's why I didn't want you to sit beside me.
Wednesday, April 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment