I realize that this is a day late but, really, I had the day off work and there was wine to be had and my sister's birthday to celebrate.
What did we do for Canada Day? We relaxed, played a lot of fun games in the morning (like "name the color of this Lego piece" and "let's climb the stairs!"). Then Zach's naptime came and I did what I've been thinking about doing for a long time: I ran. It didn't go as well as expected because I'm having trouble timing my 2 min walk/1 min run to start ramping up with my iPod. I kind of had to guess and I'm terrible at judging time, distance, quantity etc. - it all goes back to my hatred of estimating as a child I think. Regardless, I got out there and did it. The main problem now is that I don't know how I'm going to find time 3 times a week to run when it isn't within a few hours of bedtime (because it makes sleeping even harder), isn't cutting into my precious kid-time too much (because I only get 2 hours on an average weeknight) and that doesn't cut into my sleep time (because it just won't happen and I have enough trouble getting sleep as is).
Then I planted some plants I got on sale. 1 tomato plant, 1 red pepper plant and a basil plant in pots, 3 flowers in pots on our fence and some periwinkles at the side of our house in an effort to cover the ground and get rid of the weeds that are taking over my life, my husband's sinuses and my poor hands. I'll just say that we had thistles as high as my shoulder and leave it at that. I got rid of them 2 weeks ago and already they're trying to discourage me.
We had lunch, played some more (books, trucks and trains this time)and then went to spend the day with my sister's family. The perfect day.
Friday, July 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment