I don't generally make official resolutions. Every year, I try to start afresh and have a few goals for the year. I don't like the typical "trying to lose weight" and empty goals that you don't really plan on following up on and are just pie-in-the-sky-if-a-genie-granted-me-three-wishes kind of thing. So...I do want and plan to return to my pre-pregnancy weight at least. My last maternity leave I dropped well below my usual weight but gained it back right after going back to work. I'm hoping to be as active this time. I registered for mom-and-baby zumba starting next week, so that's a good step. So are the baby-in-a-carrier workout DVDs I got from the library and have done twice. So is the fact that my baby's favorite place to be is on my breast.
I'm back to working on a new habit a month. This month, it's doing a load of laundry every day - all four steps, one thing for me/my health - can include things like my DVDs or my nails big or small things, and one thing for the house - cleaning, installing, etc. It's all scalable...at the end of a bad day, if I haven't done it, I can do a heavy-duty clean of the teapot and file my nails but on calmer days, I can do more.
This year, I want to get over my fear of using my sewing machine and do it, finish both my kids' rooms, try at least one new recipe a month and get a bit more organized. Nothing earth shattering - manageable but things I would prbably put off. I also have a ton of crafty projects I'd like to work on but they'll just come as they come.
Wednesday, January 04, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment