I've been seeing previews for a show called "Bomb Girls" lately. I was intrigued since I've been interested in women's roles during the wars for quite some time and, ignoring the serious topic, it's always fun to see the clothes from different eras on TV.
While we were watching it, it actually took us a few minutes to realize that it's Canadian. That really says something about how much better Canadian television is getting. It used to be that you could tell by the filming, the acting AND the storyline. This time, I briefly wondered if it took place in England and they didn't bother with the accents - someone had mentioned that he was from "America" so we knew it didn't take place in the U.S.
I don't know enough about the era to comment on the historical accuracy of the show but I will say that they tried with certain details like making sure the main character removed her shoes (nails could cause sparks, sparks = bad around explosives) to put on ugly shoes. I have a funny feeling that the main character is going to get on my nerves. She's rich, which is fine, but seems to be one of those characters who's going to make stupid choices just to prove herself. We'll see. For now, I'll say that I enjoyed the first episode, I'll definitely watch again if my husband's cool with it (and on demand it if I can and he's not).
I definitely need to confirm that I didn't just enjoy it because it's new and I'm so tired of reruns and my free preview of my beloved Food Network is finished. Boo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment