Thursday, January 02, 2014
New Year - Unresolutions
It's the new year and time for resolutions. What are my plans? Well, we've started doing a bunch of the things that I'd like to do like decluttering. I've gotten progressively better at the whole housekeeping thing, although you wouldn't necessarily think that looking at my house (so imagine what I'm starting from!) Here's what I'm NOT resolving to do this year:
1 - Blog more. Let's be honest. I haven't blogged in over a year and I know that my loyal followers (a.k.a. my family) aren't even checking in anymore. However, I still blog in my head often and don't get it down on "paper". If I get it on here, great. Otherwise, meh. I enjoy writing but I don't spend the time editing and fixing and making sure I have images attached. So, if I do it, great. Otherwise, I have a lot of other things in my life that give me joy!
2 - Be a better mom. Am I a perfect Mom? No. If someone was the perfect Mom, she would either still feel badly about herself because her house wasn't perfect or go crazy because she never ever slept. I don't sleep nearly enough and that still isn't enough to get half of the things I need to get done done. I'm a good mom. I love my kids more than I ever imagined anyone could love anyone. Sometimes I get frustrated and sometimes I'm not at the top of my game but that's just showing them that people aren't perfect, right? Right?
3 - Exercise more. Yes, I should exercise more. Yes, I would like to exercise more. Yes, as a member of the society we're a part of, we're supposed to feel like we should incorporate exercise into our lives every day or we're somehow failing our bodies and ourselves. My reality is that I generally get down time (a.k.a. quiet time with my husband) from 9 - 10 in the evening and that's it. And that's not every night. I don't sleep well so I'm lucky to get 6 hours a night and I get up a little before 6. I had an awakening when there was a busy mother on an online community who decided that she needed to find more time for herself to exercise. She didn't go to bed until 11:00 or so and her kids got up at 5:30 so she decided that she was going to start getting up at 4:00 to exercise. At this point, I think it's safe to say that's not a healthy choice. One day, I'll start running again. I've started walking Dash again more often, which feels great.
4 - Eat better. We occasionally have frozen pizza. By occasionally I mean once a week. Other than that, we make almost everything from scratch. There's an occasional packaged pudding and broth. I even make my own granola bars. So yes, I'd like to have more salads for lunch, but more because lunch salads full of cheese and boiled eggs are DELICIOUS than because I need to work harder at that. A little less cheese would be a good idea. We've made vast improvements on this front in the past few years (a.k.a. since having children) and maintaining the status quo is pretty damn good.
So, this year I hope to have a diaperless house (it was very satisfying doing the last load of diapers and one week in, it's going pretty well). I plan to continue decluttering. I plan to celebrate my wins. I announced to my husband that I "won" bedtime all last week because I flossed and washed my face every night. I'm not competing against anyone but I'm planning on having a lot of wins this year. I've had a few weird health issues in the past couple of months and I plan to get to the bottom of that and healthy again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment