Last weekend was our 2nd of our 6 weddings this year. Fortunately, most of them are fairly spread out but starting last week, we have 3 weeks of wedding weekends in a row. That's a lot of weddings.
They're all very different - last weekend was a Bengali friend marrying her Danish man. It was really cool how they involved both cultures from the groom wearing traditional Indian attire to do a Bollywood-style dance with the bride (reminding me again how much I love Bollywood) to the traditional Danish waltz after which the groomsmen cut the toes out of the grooms socks and the end of his tie off. Highlight - watching the husband eat Indian food twice in a 4-day span.
This weekend is in North Bay and for a cousin-in-law (we'll miss you Dashy & thanks E&R) and next weekend (Friday) I'm in which always adds a lot of up close and personal interest.
I seem to also be smack dab in the middle of "going out for lunch" season. Went out yesterday and I'm going out today. Hence the middle of "getting nagged by father for not updating the blog often enough" season. As an extra treat, friends are in town from TO this week with their "big, giant baby" (quoting the mother) which is always a good time. Thank god I have next week off to recover from all the weddings and busy-ness!
Friday, August 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment