Sarah sent me an article last week about how productivity goes down at the workplace around the holidays. Not a surprise, but reassuring that it's not just me. I think part of the reason productivity goes down is because everyone spends so much time eating and drinking. Today was the "Carleton" luncheon which I went to with my dear friend Adrian and wound up getting hi-jacked by really friendly high-energy girl we met in the turkey line. Unfortunately Adrian and I were never properly taught the rules of the "Carleton holiday lunch" and didn't realize that only newbies even pause at the sandwiches and paté and the rest go directly to the line ups for turkey and roast beef. We were clever enough that once we were ready to enter that line, we did make sure that we had a little plastic glass of wine with us - and befriended everyone around us by making wine-table trips to replenish as we were in line for a half hour or so. I also remember one of the things I love so much about Adrian - he's one of the few people who shares my passion for all things cheese.
Last night was FABULOUS too! We went to the parliamentary restaurant courtesy of my father-in-law and the prime minister for calling an election. The room: gorgeous. The food: delicious. The cheese: plentiful. The reaction on the grandma-in-law's face: lovely. Seeing same 100 pound grandma-in-law going back for seconds for dessert: priceless.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey I too share your passion for all things cheese!
REALLY? I knew you liked it but I didn't know you shared my passion for it. Next time we all get together I'm expecting a cheese tray.
Post a Comment