
There are 6 people on our 4 floors of offices today. 6 people. I'm not being very productive today, I must admit. It's kind of hard to work when everyone else gets the day off. Of those of us who are here, 3 get another day off in lieu. I'll let you guess which group I belong to.
I also stupidly hurt my ankle the other day. Not only did I twist it but fell down a step onto it (on its side) as I twisted it.
However, I have the cutest dog in the world. This is guaranteed to make my day better. Just check out his ears!
I've also discovered pandora.com. It's sort of like yahoo music but I like it better. I guess it's because I can set up different stations depending on my mood and whether I'm at work or not. Yahoo music makes you subscribe to do that which can make things awkward listening at work given my *ahem* diverse taste in music.
This past weekend was Easter. Thursday night Mom and I had dinner and then went to see Take the Lead which was pretty disappointing. Well, that is, for us it was disappointing...most people probably wouldn't be expecting much and that's exactly what they would have gotten. Friday we slept in and then Lee, Dash and I went for a very looooong walk. Dash spent most of the rest of the day giving us "would you go to work and let me sleep" looks. Saturday I cooked. We were at my parents' house for dinner and everyone came and we had a nice evening. Then we met up with the T.O. contingent for drinks. Sunday I...well, other than hurting myself we went to the hotel in Moose Creek for the Goulet dinner. I painted the bathroom floor in the men's washroom which wasn't how I expected to spend the day but at least it got done. I also played darts for the first real time in my life (I mean real compared to when you're little and Dad let me throw a couple before he feared for his life and I got bored). I lost both games but did okay except for the "doubling out" part.
What I was reading this weekend: The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman - I liked it...it was a slow start but Nikki swore I would like it and it got fast paced pretty quickly. It's definitely not the kind of book I usually read but it's good to expand my options.
What I'm reading now: The ...ummm...the sequel to The Golden Compass...it's a trilogy which is part of the reason I don't usually read this kind of books...they all come in 3s. Just make the book 3 times as long because they never really end it. I'm also reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood (thanks Amber) but I just started it this morning when I realized I had to sit down and ice a bit after my shower before I could stand any longer.
1 comment:
you weren't really all alone. Ferda and I were at work too.
Post a Comment