Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The travelling gnomes return

We went to TO this past weekend and had a great time...

Ostensibly, the trip was for Amber and I to go see Hair...in reality, it was for us to see eachother AND see Hair.

The Goulster and I left Friday - he picked me up from work and we headed off. It was beautiful, then gloomy, then sinister, then foggy and then we got there. Other than getting screwed up from the Mapquest instructions (taking Eglington East west vs taking Eglington West east), we got there just fine. I think we just hung out with Amber and Dave that evening - it was late when we got in. Saturday we got up late...ahhhhh. Dave made us breakfast and eventually we all made it out to a great kitchen store nearby. Despite lots of drooling, we didn't end up buying anything - I'm sure that automatic garbage can would have come in handy though. Then off to do some other shopping until...the Cupcake Shop. We bought the world's best cupcakes and bought Starbuck's to wash it down. The boys played video games the rest of the afternoon while we looked at pictures and chatted - a nice, relaxing day. Next: supper. We had a great dinner and 3 pizzas divided among 3 people.

Amber and I headed off to see Hair which was great. It's nice hearing all these songs that you know so well performed live. The voices were beautiful - our only complaint was that they just didn't stay in character during the nude scene as that much grooming at the time would have been frowned upon.

We met up with the boys, the Chans and Chan-friends. For once, the Chans weren't up for the party so the younger crowd headed back to Amber and Dave's (James and Karoline & us) and downed a bottle of wine and headed to bed.

The next morning we all went to breakfast. Notable moment: me saying to Lee "I wonder if they remembered the time change" followed by hearing Amber yell "Oh Crap!" from the other room followed by me saying "and that's Amber remembering the time change".

We headed to Georgetown to see Sean and a surprisingly not-super-pregnant-looking Jenn. I can't believe how tiny she is given that she's due tomorrow. I can't wait for baby Culligan to make his or her appearance but wait we will.

7 comments:

James said...

Ostensibly?

Anonymous said...

Dictionary :P

Amber

(just kidding - I couldn't pass it up)

Anonymous said...

Oups! I should add something about the weekend - it was great! Fun was had by all, I got to see Hair and public nudity AND have expensive cupcakes. You really can't ask for more in life than that.

We're so glad you guys came, and I hope our air mattress guest room was OK. Come again!


Amber

Kel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kel said...

James, try putting down the Mario Superstar Baseball and reading something :P

Kel said...

os·ten·si·ble ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-stns-bl)
adj.
Represented or appearing as such; ostensive: His ostensible purpose was charity, but his real goal was popularity.

Ferda said...

what is with the snobby comments? don't worry James baby I got your back!

ostensibly,
Ferds