Monday, April 10, 2006

A confession...

I told my family this last night and I think it's time I admit this to everyone else. Here goes....I hate hockey. I mean I genuinely don't like it. If I go to a game, it's mostly because I find everything ELSE at the games interesting. I cheer for the Senators because I know that doing well is good for Ottawa, that's the only reason. I can stomach watching when Canada plays but that's because I'm rooting on my country. When hockey is on TV and I can't leave the room without the inevitable questions and "you're Canadian and you don't like hockey?!?" comments, I actually watch the clock instead of the game...I count down with it the whole way and hope that when the period is over and the channel is changed, they'll forget to change it back.

The only time I don't hate hockey is if Lee's playing. He looks hot in a hockey uniform.

I'm glad I got that off my chest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meh, you're no less a Canadian. I'm not really that crazy about hockey either. I enjoy watching the Olympics, but that's about it. Of course, I do like watching it better than other sports, like golf and baseball. Ugh, watching baseball is like watching my death approaching. Not that football's any better. It irritates me how 10 minutes in football is really 30 mins in real life.

How come we can't just take all sports off TV and have 100% entertainment TV (i.e. movies, the Surreal Life, Food Network). Now that's heaven!

Amber

Kel said...

You say it, sister!