Friday, May 12, 2006
Like father, like daughter
I learned to quilt last night. Or at least part of it. I'm not talking the "I use special settings on my sewing machine quilting", I'm talking hard-core old-fashioned quilting...the kind they designed thimbles for and that gives you crazy blisters. Lorraine was working on one and asked if I wanted to try and I did. It took awhile but I think I started getting the hang of it in the end. So how is that like my father? I noticed that as much as my fingers were a bit sore, the part that hurt the most was my mouth. Why? Apparently I make a certain face while I'm concentrating on quilting - the same face my father makes when he's concentrating hard on something like construction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha ha ha ha ha.
I love it.
SEL
Post a Comment