Monday, May 08, 2006

Long, long week & weekend

Okay, so a lot went on last week which is why I didn't have time to write.

I have 2 stories that have been deemed bloggable.

1 - So there was a prominent professor who is a sommelier who ran an alumni event. The event was a wine tasting and information session about wine branding. At one point someone said that it smelled "woody". Then she said "I have a woody..." assuming that she was going to say smell...but she stopped. The guy across the table from me couldn't contain his laughter. I managed to.

2 - This happened at Easter. James had his phone out and it was lighting up and flashing when a call came in. This probably loses something in the translation but Dave said "Did that come as an option?"...then...deadpan..."You didn't go for the Hello Kitty option?" (refering to the 12 year old girl nature of the flashy phone).

And the winner of the PhD in stupid award goes to...
On Saturday Lee and I were shopping. We were at a shoe store when the girl at the counter fell over. I didn't react as well as I would have liked because I didn't know what was going on - I thought she'd hurt her arm and it took a sec to realize she was having a seizure. By then 2 people had run over to help. The first guy said put her on her back and as I said "NO!" the other lady said "No, on her side". Then I moved anything that could hurt her away, made sure the cashier was calling 9-1-1 and checked her wallet for anything that talked about medical conditions and to get her name. Lee, in the meantime, was running to get mall security. Well, mall security came and about 15 people were following them. Grrr. So Lee and I left because there wasn't any more that we could do although just before I left I yelled out to everyone "Could anyone who isn't helping please stand back or leave so that they can move around" - all the things that I was told to do in First Aid...stupid response from a 12 - 15 year old "But I still want to shop for shoes".

2 comments:

Ferda said...

when I read shoe store I smiled but then the story took a horrible turn. I hope that girl is doing OK. :-(

James said...

AHHHHH! Dave's burn lives on in Blog-land. That's like a second degree burn...