Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mother's Day Weekend

I had a pretty great weekend last weekend followed by a pretty lousy Monday...hence no blog yesterday....so here goes.

Friday night was very exciting. I went out with some ladies from work for a drink, got home, ate supper and my dear husband promptly fell asleep. Okay, so that was a bit of a write-off. Saturday, we had lots of running around to do because of Mother's Day celebrations. I wound up finding new shoes finally, we bought Dash a new red Kong ball which seems to be holding together much better than any Kong or ball we've bought him as he destroys them all quickly. He's loving it! We also bought him a special bowl that attaches to his crate so that he can have water during the day. Saturday night was officially my mother's Mother's Day celebration. They came for dinner and a good time was had by all.

Sunday we stopped by the flyball competition in Navan and had Lee's hockey game. A good time was had by the other team - Lee's team is in the wrong division but they're waiting for 4 games to judge which division they should be in.

I think a long time ago I mentioned that I was trying to develop better habits which began by flossing my teeth every night (every week night that is)...well, I'll skip some of them because, well, that's pretty boring reading, but I will mention that for the past 2 weeks (as of this coming Thursday) I've run (alternated between running and walking) at least every other day and done some kind of activity the other days (sometimes just a fast walk but not including my walks with the Dasher or to my building). I'm pretty proud of myself. The first night, my dear husband followed me because I was going out after dark (I didn't get home from work until after 10:00 but I was determined) and I wouldn't let him run with me because I'm just starting out. I hope nobody thought I was being stalked...especially since nobody came out to help me and that would have been awful bystander apathy.

What I'm not reading now but I read and was too lazy to fill in: Okay, not sure if I mentioned The Handmaid's Tale (Atwood not Chaucer). I actually quite enjoyed it despite my cringeworthy automatic suspicion of Canadian authors. I found it very interesting and intriguing and would have liked to study it in high school It would have been really interesting to study in a high school with a dress code.

I think I mentioned that I read the first book in a trilogy that Nikki loaned me. I have now read the second (The Subtle Knife) and I'm reading the third (The Amber Spyglass). I started A Complicated Kindness too because I finished 2 of the books I brought to Winnipeg and accidentally packed the 3rd for my flight.

No comments: