Tuesday, February 20, 2007

How to Lose Friends and Alienate People

Various people have been out of the office the past couple of weeks which has left me very, very busy with no time to blog. But I have a second now while I'm making some calls (that I know I have to listen to long messages on and then talk to the voicemail).

I have a coffee husband. I guess I also have a coffee boyfriend because there are 3 of us who often go for coffee. Usually, we go to Roosters. We also all work in different buildings so whoever's first there or whoever owes the others just gets all 3 (or 2, depending on how many of us were free that day). This has been made slightly more complicated because we all have our own mugs that we bring to save the environment (and money, which is nice). The people at Roosters all know us though and are used to serving us all at the same time so we don't really worry about cutting into line and that sort of thing, it just works out.

Roosters is closed this week because of reading week. Coffee husband and I were meeting for coffee this morning...he got there first and was near the front of the line when I got there. It was my turn to pay...but how do you tell that to the angry mob? I started standing in line at the back but it was a little silly because he was planning on paying by the "you got there first" informal rule so he would have grabbed my mug and paid. Nobody said anything but we definitely got death looks.

What I'm reading: I finished Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures. I didn't particularly enjoy it but it was interesting. I'm now reading Blink by some guy that was loaned to me by coffee husband and Wicked by Gregory Maguire which I read in high school and enjoyed and borrowed from my sister.

No comments: