Just back from Winnipeg for a few days before I head back out to my last week of my class. The conference was very interesting and Winnipeg wasn't too cold this time. I promised Lee some Old Dutch chips but was so busy I didn't get a chance to buy any until I got to the airport for the way home. He got a few little bags so he was happy but the people behind me in line were confused as to why I kept feeding the vending machine and filled my carryon with chips. Mmmmmmm....Old Dutch chips.
I am now officially having my surgery March 26. I've set a date and told the powers that be at work so it's now public knowledge. We can all bid a not-so-fond farewell to Spleen-o in the not too distant future. I'm a little nervous but mostly I'm just happy that they're getting rid of the thing so that it can't happen again. I'm dreading the recovery though. I'm savoring every time I roll over in bed by myself now that I've remembered that's one of the biggest struggles the first few days.
So, back to Winnipeg....it was a great conference and instead of packing and worrying the night before, we had a lovely evening with Ferda and James. Good food, good friends, a fun new game. If you find RISK a little too much but like the whole strategy thing, Settlers of Catan is a great compromise. It's sort of like RISK-lite and every time you play, it's a different game. Dash didn't stick his paw in Ferda's mouth this time so their friendship was rekindled. Catching him long enough for pictures was harder as you can see below. He does settle down sometimes and he's not a demon. Just for the record.
No comments:
Post a Comment