Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Pre-op and other fun

Last week I was on the final week of my course. Now all I have to do is the big project and I'll be DONE! The last week was fun but I'm glad to see it done because the travelling and being away from my 2 men at home was getting to me. Plus we all drink way too much coffee and wine while we're there.

Yesterday morning I went for my pre-op. The spleen has now officially been given its 2 week eviction notice. It's very interesting how they do it (the pre-op) because they shuffle you from one place to another and then fill in a little card to show all the places you've gone. It's sort of like a passport but the only part of the trip that's fun is the people watching.

A doctor saw me and he was oh so reassuring.....here's a reasonable facsimile of the conversation:

Dr.: A partial splenectomy? (with a disbelieving tone in his voice)
K: Yeah, they're going to try to keep the top cm or 2.
D: Huh? (flipping through the charts) Oh, Dr. Poulin, he's the only one who would ever even try something like that. On the other hand, he's the only one who could successfully do something like that.
K: Ummmm, okay.
D: You should see him in surgery, especially on the spleen, it's like watching art
K: I'd rather not be able to see...

So it looks like I'm not the only one with a little crush on my surgeon.

I popped by Grampa's after for a little nap and lunch (they took a LOT of blood tests) and am happy to report that Grampa and Holly are getting along just fine. I think it's nice for him to have someone to fuss over because he's just the kind of person who always wants to be helping someone. She's also very entertaining because she's like velcro when mom and dad are away.

No comments: