Okay, I'll admit it. When I'm not busy at lunch, I play games. All. The. Time. Once I even stayed at work a little late just to play a little more. I'm not a big fan of traditional gaming system games although I'll play them. The sports games don't do much for me (except on the Wii, but that's a whole other story). So I download all the free trial games and play them for the hour and then redownload them. When worse comes to worst, I play Mah Jong solitaire. Anyone know of any good gaming sites for me?
Book stuff: I found a list called 1001 Books You Should Read Before You Die. It looks like I'm going to live a good long time because I've only read 29 of them. Of those 29, 2 are books that I never made it through. There are 3 books I never made it through and 2 are on that list. Is it my fault that Ernest Hemingway makes me want to put a sharp, pointy object through my hand just for entertainment?
I recently finished Wicked by Gregory Maguire for the second time. I have to say...I didn't love it. Somehow I remembered liking it when I was in high school but it was only Meh this time. I've also recently read Eleanor Rigby (Coupland) for book club which I liked. The more of his books I read, the more I like them because you get used to his style. Someone at book club described his books as being written like he's going along writing them and then has a fishbowl of random ideas and he pulls one out and adds it in 2/3 of the way through the book. That's a good way of putting it. I'm still working on Blink which is really, really good but I don't find I can just sit down and read it. I read it in little chunks. It's my coffee husband's book so I'm lending him Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman in exchange. What else have I been reading...hmmm, I finished re-reading the Harry Potters (just the last 2 in case I don't have time before July) and maybe that's it. I feel like I'm missing some books. Now I'm sad because I have nothing waiting in line to be read.
Oh - and YAY RAVENS!
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gaming site for your:
http://jayisgames.com/
Post a Comment