Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Kelley and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Yesterday seemed to be a great day. The sun was shining, it was really cold and really windy but that could be ignored. I had almost everything off my desk (not physically...just in terms of responsibility...my desk is still a mess) since this was my last week at work. Had a nice coffee with the boys.

Got a call from my surgeon's office. My surgery got bumped. Bumped. To April 26. Bumped. They're very sorry and bumped all the others before mine but they just had to do it. I know it's not their fault so I was nice to them but MAN! Everything was organized. I was mentally prepared, I was physically prepared. I had people to take care of me, Lee's vacation scheduled accordingly, told everyone who contacts me for work regularly who to contact while I was gone. I got bumped. So another month of discomfort awaits me.

But wait, there's more...

I was getting my hair cut and my cell phone rang. Since very few people have my number, I was a bit worried. Lee. Dash got hurt and was bleeding. How much? Little drops every now and then. Why? Lee was walking Dash on his rope and another dog on a lead approached. The owner was with him and both owners had their dogs close to them. They looked like they were going to play. The other owner neglected to tell Lee that his dog doesn't like other dogs. His dog bit Dash's ear. At least the guy offered to pay half if Dash needed stitches. I gave Lee some suggestions figuring that it was just bleeding a bit so it would be okay. I called before I left to come home to check up and because I had somewhere to go right after supper so Lee was supposed to put supper on. No answer. I get home. No answer. There's a note saying "I took Dash to OUR vet". I called the vet's office and said "My husband said..." frantically. The woman interrupted me and said "It's okay, Dash is fine. They're on their way home". He had to have his little ear shaved and bandaged and he's on antibiotics. He was still bleeding and bled through the bandage but we didn't have any gauze so Lee hunted down an old (unused!) maxi pad and we had to stick that to his ear. My poor little guy.

1 comment:

Ferda said...

oh no poor little guy!

incidentally do you have any pics of my paw-friend's maxi head?