Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Women's Show

One quick thing....I had something to say about the women's show. I went on Saturday with Ferda, Pinar and Holly. We had a good time, but that's not what I'm here to talk about.

They were selling oil changes for $10. You actually just get the certificate that you've paid and then you go to the garage to get it but you also get a rose. I don't know if this was planned or not but he's the marketing beauty behind the rose....

Women like roses, right? Sure. BUT when people see a lot of other women with roses and know that they got them from the oil change place, they automatically think (subconsciously) that if all these women are buying them, they must be a good deal. It's like making people wear t-shirts with your company's logo on them except that they WANT to. Great idea. It only works if only 1 place does it though. Did the guys giving them out see the beauty in this? I don't know, probably not....but it sure was effective.

3 comments:

James said...

So you bought an oil change?

Kel said...

I sure did! My rose is sitting in my pretty vase at home as we speak.

Ferda said...

that is indeed great marketing!