Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Long time, no blog

Okay, seriously. I know that I haven't blogged in forever. It's kind of funny actually because I mentally blog a lot. Then I feel like I need something substantial to blog about because it's been so long. It's like when you don't call or email someone regularly and you feel like you need something to call or email about but if it's every day you can blather on about nothing. So...I'm not blogging about anything serious today but it's something very important:

The meal Adrian cooked for us on Saturday.

Adrian had 3 couples (including him and his wife) over for dinner. When asked what to bring, his response was "cheese". Adrian's the only person who shares my love of all things cheese (except blue cheese, in my case). He was the menu:

Starters - 3 kinds of cheese brought by guests, homemade hummus with pita wedges and carrots and leaves of lettuce with some sort of saucy chicken (teryaki maybe?), pine nuts, a sliver of jalapeno pepper (a little more actually) and some other sprigs of herbs. Wine, of course.

Dinner - game hens (or "little chickens" as we call them to my man) with a maple syrup and roasted garlic something on top, beets, broccoli, cauliflower and squash. Wine, of course.

Dessert - homemade crème caramel, coffee or tea

After dinner - espresso for all the boys except Adrian, martinis for the rest except Brigitte and then I had some kind of strawberry cream liquor deliciousness.

A good time was had by all. Fortunately, Adrian does not expect us to match his meals...he just likes to be fed.

No comments: