Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Memory Triggers

It’s funny how something becomes such a habit to you that even when you stop doing it, there’s somewhere way in the back of your brain that remembers. Some don’t surprise me – when I drive past the exit that I took for almost 10 years, there’s a part of me that feels like I’m going the wrong way. Others, you don’t even realize exist. A few minutes ago, I heard a noise. I have no idea what the noise was but it sounded exactly like when the glass doors in the main office used to close where I used to work. I didn’t even realize that there was a distinct sound let alone what that sound was until I heard it and thought “oh, Ann must be taking her lunch” regardless of the fact that Ann doesn’t work here, there are no glass doors here and its well after lunch.

No comments: