Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Haircut X2

Friday I went and had my hair cut and highlighted. I loved the highlighting and thought the cut was okay. Then I washed it. Apparently if you're not a hairdresser, the cut is not only not great but it's ugly. Verging on fugly. Lee's comment was "I guess I'll get used to it". Other comments included "I like the color (me - what about the cut?). I like the color", "it's not that bad" and "I heard the shaggy dog look went out last year". So yesterday started out a little hard on the ego...especially since I scratched up my hip by running into a door and looking bad and being sore is just too much to whine about. So...I gathered up all my nerves and I called the hairdressers. I told them I needed to talk to my hairdresser when she came in to sort out how I could deal with it - they said that if I wasn't happy I was coming in at 2:00 or 2:30, which was better? Good service, I have to say. So she recut it and now I feel pretty again. It'll take me some time to get used to styling it so it may not look as good as it can but I like it. Plus, I'm pretty proud of myself for calling. PLUS, by the time I would have gotten back to work everyone would have been gone so I got home early and cleaned our kitchen a bit, chatted with my honey, pet my puppy AND read a bit all in the time I would be driving home.

9 comments:

Ferda said...

yay! good for you for calling that was so un-kelley-like of you.

I'm going to suck it up with my ugly haircut because I can't bear to have them cut my hair even more. I just want it to grow out.

James said...

FERDA! YOUR HAIRCUT IS NOT UGLY!

James said...

IT IS GREAT! EVERYONE YOU KNOW AND LOVE THINKS IT IS SUPER!

James said...

YOU ARE CRAZY!

James said...

[end rant at wife]

Anonymous said...

No one should put up with a haircut they can't deal with when they are working, especially when they own a frisky "Dash" dog. Hurray for K. and Tania who fixed the haircut that only a hairdresser could "deal with" every day.
SEL

Ferda said...

how sweet is my husband? :)

Kel said...

Pretty damn sweet - although I'd have to see this haircut...maybe he's just honest.

Ferda said...

highly unlikely...