Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend update

I think we had a pretty good weekend this weekend. I'm still anxious for my friend Brianne to pop her baby out and apparently this hasn't happened STILL but it was a good weekend for me. First, a note on the Brianne thing. I don't think we've really talked since grade 11 or so other than running into each other occasionally. We used to spend all our time together until then but we just sort of parted ways after that. I always kind of wanted to be back in touch with her but it's hard enough seeing friends that I have now (don't forget Ferds, lunch on Friday!). So then her father died a few weeks ago. It was sad (he had ALS which I knew ahead of time) so I went to the wake and we talked. It was really nice - I knew her major life events (marriage and preggo) but it was still nice reconnecting. We've been emailing each other a couple of times a week since. Of course, I don't imagine we'll be close given that she lives about 40 - 50 minutes away and will soon have a new baby and it's hard enough keeping a friendship alive during that let alone re-establishing one. Still, it's nice.

Okay, so the weekend. Lee played hockey Friday night and I thought about going out but I was tired! I had a breakfast thing Friday morning in Kanata so I had to get up REALLY early. So the Dasher and I made it an early night and were fast asleep before Lee got home around 1:00. Saturday I did Pilates which felt great! I haven't done it in quite awhile. We also took Dash out to play on his 50 foot rope for awhile but not as long as usual because the wind was fierce! We did some straightening of the house (you can actually walk through it now and only some areas are a fire hazard) and then Lee went grocery shopping and dropped me and the pupper off at my parents' for a visit. The plan was to rent a movie, go home, have dinner and watch it but Forrest Gump and Grosse Point Blank were on so we decided just to watch those. All in all, a good day. Yesterday I took Dash for a long walk AND did my Pilates and we cleaned and stuff until my parents came for dinner. Not because they were coming for dinner but because it needed done. The state of our house is no secret. I also changed the toilet seat in my bathroom since Lee hated the old one. Dinner was good - roast beef. I wish Er & Rick & Grampa could have come too but E&R were going to his sister's and the roast just wasn't big enough.

No "rant off" for this post. I notice that's becoming a habit.

3 comments:

Ferda said...

oh but I love ranting Kelley! :)

What do you want to eat on Friday? How about Indian? Let me know!

Kel said...

Yummmmmm - Indian!

Ferda said...

it's a date!