Monday, February 13, 2006

Weekend and a second chance for charities

I guess I had a fairly productive weekend. Friday night was a write-off because Lee was at a hockey tournament and it was supposed to be good because I was going to watch a movie with my Momma...but I fell asleep and Dash was being a holy terror. Saturday morning I had to work and then I went shopping with Mom. Now that was REALLY productive because I ordered new glasses. I should have done that after I got the prescription in August but, well, the short story is - I didn't. So those have been ordered.

In the afternoon I finished off my 2nd express book way ahead of schedule. So I returned them Sunday and bought Dash 2 new Kong toys. Hopefully he'll take awhile to destroy those at least. I also bought Amber's birthday present but then promptly forgot to have Lee send it off today so it'll get there late. Sorry. I also bought the rest of the baby gifts for Sean and Jenn's baby. It's not until August but they were on sale so I decided to just bite the bullet. Last night we went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. It was a nice break because somehow Dash finally decided to calm down. Hopefully he'll continue that.

So - the charity thing. Adrian let me know about the Run to end Breast Cancer (or something like that). It sounds like there won't be extra hoops for me to jump through and something I can get behind. Of course, most of you know that I don't run (not out of principle or anything, it's just not something I can get on board with) but Adrian said that you can walk. He also promised me dim sum after. It's not until October but give that I've since found a couple of people who didn't make the goal for the Weekend to end Cancer and were booted - I'm thinking this is a better alternative for me. I don't feel right asking people to sponsor me for something that I feasibly may not be allowed to do.

What I'm reading now: All Families are Psychotic by Douglas Coupland - just started it so I can't really comment yet and "Something or other about cheathing on dieting - not the real title" it's a very fast read but obviously written by men - and 2 men. I don't usually like fiction that is written collaboratively and this is no exception. I particularly don't like when men try to say what they think women are thinking when they clearly don't. It's probably equally annoying when women write what men are thinking but, as a woman, I notice that not all men can write what women are thinking - but I don't know what men think so I can't tell whether or not they're being written well.

Stay tuned tomorrow for my comments on "Good karma"...

No comments: