So - there's no women's ski jump in the olympics. Grrr. For the same reason they used to quote for no women being allowed to run the marathon. Read http://www.newsday.com/news/columnists/ny-spohow164628940feb16,0,6856067.column?coll=ny-rightrail-columnist. So if it's not in the olympics then women won't do it still? Ummm - check out the numbers guys, they still do it. Apparently the uterus is the only organ affected by this or the men wouldn't be allowed to either - I'm sure the landing's okie-dokie for the heart but tough on the uterus. Grrrr. Was there a law passed against people using rational thinking? I know it's scary to change things and that it's slow. I know that equality certainly doesn't exist in almost any aspect of our lives but it's now the only sport women can't compete in - why can't they let go of this one last ode to archaic thinking?
Okay, rant over for now.
Friday, February 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment