Every morning I run across things that make me think and, generally, annoy me. I walk Dash and I get mad at the people who don't clean up after their dogs. I think the only people who hate those people more than dog haters are responsible dog owners. Every time I'm watching Dash, anyone we pass looks at me suspiciously like I might be one of "them". The only way to avoid this is to carry around a bag where everyone can see it. Since I keep mine in my pocket, they can't be sure. I also don't particularly like carrying it around once it's full (I don't think I need to explain that) so unless you catch me in the 2 seconds it takes me to run to the garbage, you won't catch me being responsible...that does not, by default, make me irresponsible. Plus, I have to walk Dash calling "Leave it" every other step because there are so many people who won't move their butt to clean up after their own dogs.
The other morning I had a particularly annoying morning - an ambulance approached. Now, in North America (among other places) a loud weeee-oooo-weeee-oooo and lights flashing is the international symbol for get your ass over to the side of the road to let them through. So, when the ambulance was on a 4-lane road, it should have been able to stay in the 2 lanes going the same way it was....but it couldn't. People weren't pulling over and some were on my side (including me) so it came to our side. That resulted in a group of idiots thinking "I can pass the cars that are pulled over and still make it over before the ambulance gets here"...yes, you can, but only because the ambulance has to slow down for you. I'm glad these people were able to shave 2 valuable seconds off their commute to work time while someone else shaved valuable seconds off their life. Rant over.
Good things happen to me in the morning too. The other day Lee scraped my car for me after a particularly bad night of freezing rain. That's true love. He's also started kissing me goodbye like I kiss him goodbye - little kisses all over his face until he gives a funny little grin. I love that funny little grin. Monday we get to drive in together. That's always fun too. Especially since I miss the old days when I used to drive in with Dad. It's nice having company. This can be accurately interpreted as James and Ferda, I'm jealous of you.
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
don't be jealous Kel my in-car farts are the worst! hahahaha poor James has to be subjected to that.
James kisses me in the morning to wake me up like that. I love it when I've had a good night's sleep but not so much if I haven't and I'm grumpy.
Hey the women's show is going on weekend of Mar 11. Want to go?
eww. in car farts? You always told me that was the smell of oil burning in the engine section of your car!
what? you read this blog? oops!
Post a Comment