I saw 2 extremes of bad dog ownership this weekend. The first just made me shake my head. The second...well, you'll see.
We were Christmas shopping at the mall and we saw not one but TWO dogs being carried around by their owners. One was in a little push cart thing and the other was in the person's arms. The following things (alone, or in combination) do NOT make your dog a person or allow them to be in public places: clothes on the dog, a special bag to carry the dog in, a toy dog, speaking to your dog like it's a baby. Yeah, I treat Dash like he's a person sometimes but there are people who are afraid of dogs of any size and...they just don't belong there! Having said that, if I open my own business and someone like Paris Hilton comes in carrying her dog, I will make an exception for the free publicity.
We also went to Wal-Mart at 11:00 to avoid the crowds. Walking from our car we saw a tiny little dog in the back of a car. In -15 weather. Seriously. Even if you're only going in for 10 minutes, that's NOT right. So I hung around to see if it was shivering (I had to wait for it to stop barking at me to tell!) and L ran in to tell Customer Service. We (okay, L) went back outside 10 minutes later and it was gone. Otherwise, Humane Society, here we come.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Because I don't own a dog, I always feel bad saying this and have gotten glares/bad responses from dog owners - but I hate dogs in public places!
Of course I don't mean on the street, in public, or even in pet stores, but at Chapters or the grocery store? (both scenarios I've seen more than I care to think about). Whatever happened to dogs not being allowed inside of public buildings?
I'm so mean. But at least one dog owner seems to agree with me.
p.s. was the dog carrier a bag thing, or this new dog stroller I've been seeing around? (yes, there are dog strollers . . . . )
Post a Comment