I guess this whole “cubicle” thing is going to take some getting used to. Every day at lunch, I’m tormented by trying to eat quietly lest one of my coworkers get annoyed by my crunching. I’ve considered not bringing in apples anymore but decided that health trumps embarrassment and just try to crunch quietly. Yes, I have a problem, I know. I also sort of suck on my cookies to soften them to try to keep from crunching too much. Since my neighbors to either side are on training today, I decided to throw caution to the wind – I brought a salad! Alas, the office is so quiet today because of the huge amount of snow last night that I’m sure the whole floor can hear my crunching.
The other thing that plagues me: my phone. Where I used to work, my phone would catch my eye occasionally. I wasn’t sure whether it flashed or the words changed or what – but something would happen that would draw my eye to it, I just couldn’t place it. The only thing that bothered me was that I couldn’t figure out what the movement was that caught my eye. So, new job, different phone, same problem. Do you think I have a phone ghost that I take with me from place to place?
Finally, I need to mention that after my bus rant the other day, 2 people stood up for a mother and her little girl that afternoon on the bus. They didn't even have to ask. There are some decent people who take the bus.
1 comment:
You're a nut! (I mean that in a good way).
As a seasoned cubicle dweller, I honestly think your coworkers either don't hear your crunching or don't care. The worst offence in cubicle life is food smells, followed closely by long, loud personal phone calls.
And, by the sound of it, your office needs to get a white noise machine. They're the latest rage.
Post a Comment