Today's not going well. I woke up this morning and, frankly, I look awful today. My stomach's sore too so all in all, not a great start to the day. Don't worry - this gets less superficial shortly.
So Ferda (for a very good reason) has to cancel lunch today which I was disappointed about but understood. Then Carleton Place cancelled me for tomorrow because of the snow day yesterday which was disappointing because I was kind of looking forward to it. THEN - I find out that the place I was going to send my hair once it's long enough is actually crappy and they hardly do any good and sell most of it for profit. That's from a bunch of different sites and sources but here's the Better Business Bureau site on it and then there are other people who have looked into it here (ctrl f "locks of love" to find the right part). So it sucks. I've been growing my hair all this time for no good reason. I guess I assumed that since big TV shows and stuff support it, they would do their research. So I guess I'm getting a hair cut sooner than expected.
Things are a bit better now because Nikki made me go for lunch with her (in retrospect curry chicken wasn't a great idea on an unhappy belly) and I've calmed down a little but it still sucks!
RANT OVER.
I'm also seriously having trouble deciding who to vote for. To me, voting is very important and not something to be taken lightly. I also don't agree with voting a certain way "because you've always voted that way" without looking at the issues and that sort of thing...if you do that...well, that's your right (democratic society - hence the voting). I really don't agree with not voting. Look at how hard people have had to fight to get the vote and to be considered "equals" or even "persons" under the law.
I would say that I agree with a fair bit of what the liberals say they'll do but I don't really believe them and I do think they need to realize that they aren't just going to win no matter what they do. I also hate their ads - not just the ones all the hype's about and that you're supposed to hate because that's what the news tells you to do. The conservatives...well, I like some of their stuff and hate some of it. I don't like their ads either, to be honest...it would be nice to see someone actually talking about the issues. The NDP...well, it's like commnism - nice in theory but I just can't see it working. The green party...I'm all for the environment but I think there are more or equally important issues. The weird independent guy in our riding...if you aren't smart enough to not use white signs with black writing in the winter where it SNOWS, you aren't smart enough to get my vote. I guess I'd better figure it out soon.
Thursday, January 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I too am having some major anxiety over this election.
I also want to send the Liberals a message that they're not on easy street, however, I have a deep-seated fear of the Conservatives, and there are some key issues that are dealbreakers for me, which leaves me unable to vote for them.
I'm not as anti-NDP as you seem to be (viva Fidel!), however, I can't shake the feeling that I'd be throwing away my vote, (I wish I could vote with my concience and not strategically, but I just don't think it's smart) AND it's a definate ticket to letting the Conservatives in, which, as stated before, is a no-no.
Ah, decisions, decisions.
Amber
Post a Comment