Today Adrian MSNed me telling me that he was going for coffee with one of his students if I wanted to join them. I was worried about interfering but he assured me that I wouldn't be...as long as I didn't spill anything on anyone. I couldn't go right away because of a catering incident (a bit of a story but ended up well and I told the catering guy that I love him) so I showed up partway through. I bought my coffee (actually a mocha but you guys don't need to know that...so I'll make a short story long and tell you anyway). I walked over to where Adrian and student were sitting, carefully negotiated my way around Adrian's seat and put my coffee down and sat. As I sat, I caught my back pocket button on the chair and off it came. I found it so other than a little sewing, all was well. So I met Ph.D student and - you know where this is going - spilled my coffee (mocha!). The story would be funnier yet more embarassing and meaner if I spilled it all over him. However, I just spilled a bit on myself and more on the table and floor. Adrian jumped up for serviettes and student said "Have you guys practiced this before? He looks like he knew exactly what to do". Adrian did feel it was necessary to recount the whole "time she saved her coffee but hurt herself while falling up stairs" story but all in all, it didn't go too badly.
Friday, January 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ha. spilly kelley.
I've done it many times too.
Post a Comment