- Throat losenges don't work - that's what the ear, nose and throat doctor who was conveniently on TV talking about them said during my 1/2 hour break from sleeping. You should gargle with salt water 7 - 8 times/day instead.
- When you're a kid, days off mean full days of TV with a sleep when the bad grown-up shows are on. When you're a grown-up, days off mean full days of sleep with TV when you have to take care of your little ones, be they human or other.
- My puppy is an angel - he didn't even complain that I didn't feed him breakfast until 12:00 because he knew I was sick.
- When you feel awful in the morning and exhausted from not sleeping the night before AND your throat hurts and you have a headache and your nose is running like a faucet, you are not lazy for not going to work and shouldn't tell them you'll be in by noon and then call them back to tell them you can't...especially when they've come to expect it.
- Moms and Dads are the best thing to have when you're sick - even when you don't live at home anymore.
- One thing that I won't write because it's mean and I'll get in trouble for it but if you want to know, ask (not in the comments, silly!).
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Things I learned on my sick day
Yesterday I was off sick but I made a few discoveries:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
being sick sucks, ask ferda
Post a Comment