Yesterday I was driving my Dad around to some appointments and going back to work in between. It was nice because I got a chance to hang out with my Mom and my Dad for a bit (because when I dropped him off at 4:30 I just stayed there). I said that I'm a klutz and she kept saying that I wasn't. Then I accidentally proved my point by falling off the bed. It hurt. A lot. In case you're wondering how someone falls off a bed, my foot got tangled in the blanket on the end of the bed when I tried to get up and my mother was in the other room looking for a tape measure so I could measure my hair. I had a second when I was hanging and hadn't hit the floor yet and I was holding on but I realized that there was no way that I could get myself back up so I dropped.
Now - I realize some of you might be wondering why I'm measuring my hair. Some of you know - I decided that since I grew it out for the wedding, I could put up with it a little longer and grow it to give to a kid with cancer. This is the website, I think. I need at least 10 inches I can cut off. My Mother-in-law measured it for me (my Momma couldn't find a measuring tape) and I have 8 inches I can cut (after considering that where I showed her I would cut to is too short because it's above the hairline). Realistically, I need 2.5 more inches because they'll have to cut it off a little longer to actually style it after. I think I can do that before it drives me crazy.
Today was garbage day. As my Momma and I discussed, it feels like it's ALWAYS garbage day. Lee and I are having issues with our black box. Despite the fact that I put our address on it in HUGE WHITE NUMBERS, it keeps getting taken. The first time, I thought someone may have picked it up by accident, thinking it was one of the blank ones so it could have been theirs. We got it back a few weeks later (and our green one that was also stolen). Now our black box is missing again and has been for about a month. My solution: steal everyone else's black boxes and say we'll only give them back if we get ours back. Then the only person who could put them out would the the person who stole ours and us. Now that's about a neighborly as a Hutterite passing by stuck trucks in a 4x4 (and if anyone other than Dad and Er get that reference, I'm impressed), but I'm getting annoyed with it. Besides, my numbers that I painted on look really nice - I made a template and everything.
2 more things before I go - pinstripes and iPods. I realized today that I've worn pin striped pants 3 days this week. Different pairs. Plus, I have one pair that doesn't fit me right now. That's a lot of pin stripes. Today they're my new (but not new anymore) Christmas brown ones. Still figuring out was goes with them but I settled on a pink shirt (after I discovered the cream sweater I was going to wear has blue spots on it from its last adventure in the washing machine - boo-urns). iPods - I read that they're advising people with iPods to buy different ear buds because the white buds they come with are a dead give-away and people are jumping them. Now I covet an iPod so I've been keeping my eye out (out of curiosity, not to find a target!) - and I've come to the conclusion that Lee and I are the only people without an iPod. Maybe it's because I work at a university. Maybe I should start a "get me an iPod fund" because I'm sure not paying for one!
Thursday, January 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hahahahah. I-Pod...no I-pod! What about two people you know with no CD player in their house! The two people are still discussing the plusses and minuses of the various CD players out there. They have arrived at certain conclusions about what they want but are not sure if it's too soon to have one in 2006. Maybe they should wait until CDs are replaced by some other vehicle to play music.
Ha hahaha...i-pod.
Kel - I feel the same exact way. Ferda and I don't have one either, and sometimes I feel like we are the LAST people on the planet to buy one.
I think the four of us should start an organization called IPODSUCKS (Independent People Organizing the Downfall of Societies Underestimated Containability Killing Students).
Actually, wait, that name sucks.
I'm assuming that because Hutterites practice the idea that all property is communal, they would be obliged to help those that are stuck. Those that are stuck, theoretically, are entitled to use their 4x4s to get out. No?
Amber
Alas Amber. There's a funny, cheezy country song called "The Truck got Stuck" or something like that. They're all stuck in mud in the prairied and they're cheered up when a Hutterite in a 4x4 passes by so he can help them but he drives right past - then the musician stops singing and says "mighty neighborly, mighty neighborly"
Except they're in the prairies, not the prairied.
Foiled by country music yet again.
I stand by my statement, and will go back to listening to my iPod :P
(except not, cause I'm at work and it's at home)
Amber
What's the sense of getting an iPod if you already have either:
- a portable music device (such as a kickass ghetto blaster)
- or a car stereo in your car that you may drive to work.
Do yourself a favour and wait until you have neither of the two above to contemplate getting an iPod.
Post a Comment