Tuesday, March 14, 2006

From down South

We made it! We've been down here since Sunday evening and it's been HOT! It wasn't supposed to be but it is. Today Lee's playing his first official game of golf in March. I'm hoping it's going well - he had to take a gondola over and Dad said that it looked dubious at best.

Other than that, we've been taking long walks on the beach, swimming, looking at the dogs on the beach through the binoculars and wondering why crazy people are walking around in bikinis. I mean, it's warm but it's just not that hot.

Dinners have been good - a nice mix of in the hotel room (it's fully equipped) and restaurants. The first night here we had the world's biggest greek salads with blackened chicken and a dressing of oil and....well, oil. So I Emerilled my way though and mixed it with some of the cider vinegar on the table and dijon. Yummy! Lee chose the best that night though - they had homemade chips. And, yes, I mean chips...not fries. They were delish. I only stole 2 though.

I guess we're off again in a minute - we'll head to the store "Raining Cats and Dogs" and then head back to the beach. I'm glad to hear from Jowlflapper that pupkin's doing fine although Kip's being an irresponsible uncle and pretending he doesn't know Dash at all! At least Dash found another puppy to play with and get kicked off the big bed with because it's looking like he may not be invited back since he's keeping Jowlflapper up all night!

Off I go - hope you're all enjoying the cold and rain!

No comments: