I haven't posted much about books lately...I have been reading but I've also been doing some re-reading. Here's a brief recap (or a weecap as TWOP says) of some of them:
Mama Flora's Family by Alec Haley and...someone Steven. Along the same vein as Roots and Queen but reading it at the age I am now gave me a completely different perspective in how I related to different characters.
Almost a Crime by Penny Vincenzi. I have to stop reading her books. Once again, poorly edited and with characters who are supposed to be intelligent but behave like idiots. Yeah, it happens in real life sometimes but not exclusively.
Water for Elephants by someone or other - look it up yourself. For book club...a decent story but it was really written like a screenplay, not a lot of depth beyond the words on paper.
Eat, Pray, Love. I loved "eat"; "pray" took a bit to get into but I got there; "love" was kind of meh.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment