Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Overheard when getting off the bus this morning

Man: Hey, I didn't know you lived in this end of town!
Woman: Oh (looking a little embarassed), I don't.
M (clearly not cluing in): Oh! So why are you taking a bus from here first thing in the morning?
W: Uhhh, I stayed at a friend's last night...
M(having the decency to look embarassed): So, are you very busy with work these days?

On a totally unrelated note (well, still bus related), I decided to try knitting on the bus. The little hat I knit on the weekend was super easy so I though it would work on the bus. This, of course, was the first time that I didn't get a decent seat until I was almost at work. Attempt 2 will be this afternoon.

Since things supposedly come in 3s...one more bus thing. There's this guy who drives me nuts. Like clockwork, he goes to the front of the bus exactly 2 stops before he gets off with me (actually works on my floor). Then he chats with the bus driver. I don't have an issue with the fact that he talks to the driver, I do sometimes. But why, why does he always sit at the back if he's going to run to the front? Why does he always go to the front exactly then? Why does he always ask the driver about sports?

No comments: