In case the universe was worried that I was going to forget about my relaxing weekend at the cottage, it gave me a constant reminder: bites. Mosquitos have always loved me and that love affair had continued. To give an indication, there are 11 bites within 1.5 inches of my knee bend on the inside of my left knee. In an example of universal symmetry, there are also 11 on the outside of my left elbow. For comparitive purposes, the husband swears "I got a lot of bites but they all seem to be gone now".
What didn't I get as a reminder of my weekend: a new dog. Alas, we (okay, I) had our (my) sights on the Great Dane that the neighbors forgot while it was playing with our menagerie. After my brother-in-law mentioned that he thought they left and she came back several times, I checked out their place and there was Brooklyn, sitting on the front step looking sad. So I brought her back and we eventually went back when we saw a speeding car heading back. To be fair, there were a lot of people, 2 cars and Brooklyn's family includes 3 children under the age of 10. However, this was a Great Dane. Not only could my sweet little nephew ride her (with the appropriate safety gear, of course) but I could probably ride her. She's a lovely dog but doesn't like the leash very much. Husband was disappointed but relieved that we didn't have to buy a new car.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment