Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Haircut: the saga

I haven't had my hair cut since February. That's right, February. That's after finally bothering to get it cut back to a comfortable length right before Christmas and swearing I would never go back to not getting it cut even if I grow it out again. Sometimes I lie to myself. I've learned to live with it, you should too.

So I made an appointment to get my hair highlighted and cut and told the husband not to expect me home for a long, long time. The appointment was for 5:30 which gave me enough time to get home (public transit so environmentally friendly), change and walk there (again, environmentally friendly). She mentioned that I would have to get my hair dyed first since my roots were so bad. Fair enough, I didn't want highlights on top of the lighter color anyway so let's dye it back to near my natural color (baaaaaad for the environment, hence me trying to justify my existend a couple of sentences back). Then she did highlights. I knew they wouldn't be as good as my former hairdresser but I could live with that. Finally, at 7:30, she started cutting. I had to have her cut it 3 times. Yes, 3 times. Somehow, she misunderstood my "short - the back at the base of my skull and the rest a similar length" to mean "cut 4 inches off the back but only 1/2 an inch off the front". I got home at 8:30. Apparently it will get a bit lighter in the next few days, which is good. Hopefully that also goes for the line in the skin around my head where the new girl got dye. It feels good to have shorter hair again.

No comments: