Friday, November 25, 2005

Bits & Bytes

I have a whole lot of little things I want to say today but they don't really fit in with anything else. So here are a few of them:
  • eating yogurt with a knife is hard - don't forget your spoon at home
  • good thing I left early today - neighbor kid needed a drive to school because he missed his bus
  • university students are weird...and some are just stupid. Yesterday while walking to my car I saw a kid wearing a cape and overheard 3 of them talking about how McDonald's must use round cookie cutters on chicken breasts to make their chicken burgers so round
  • I came across a few interesting quotes in the past few days:

- Curiosity didn't kill the cat...curiosity made the kittens

- Well-behaved women seldom make history (Laurel Thatcher Ulrich)

- There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't

How scary is this???
100mostfrequently It reads like a list of my favorite books. I mean some of them I can understand - #40 What’s Happening to my Body? Book for Girls: A Growing-Up Guide for Parents & Daughters by Lynda Madaras - Why should girls know about that sort of thing? Why do they need to know what's happening to their bodies? Clearly, this is much more offensive than the #61 What’s Happening to my Body? Book for Boys: A Growing-Up Guide for Parents & Sons by Lynda Madaras. Then there's Where's Waldo - I mean, the guy wears red - clearly he's a communist and the only way to control communism is by controlling what people can read.

Some of them do sound scary like The Boy who Lost his Face but I'm assuming that they don't mean literally!

My nights of solitude are now over, everyone will be pleased to know. The love of my life is now back to day shifts starting today. We're having company for dinner tonight and then tomorrow we're having a thanksgiving turkey. Seriously folks - if there's no other reason to get dual citizenship, you get turkey TWICE in the fall!

What I'm listening to now: Losing my Religion - R.E.M.

No comments: