My world has been changing very quickly lately so I thought I'd try something new. An MBA? Getting married? Getting a puppy? That's all soooo 2 months ago - so I thought I'd start a blog.
Of course - today's Remembrance Day so I have to bring that up.
I went to the Carleton ceremony and it was actually pretty nice - a bit of music, a bit of silence and a reading of Flanders Fields. Remembrance Day is important to me because I think it's important to reflect on what brought us to where we are and to realize that all the little things that aren't going right aren't really all that important in the scheme of things.
Remembrance Day also makes me think of my grandfathers. Grandpa Ross did a lot on boats and ships as a RADAR something-or-other (despite his severe motion sickness) and Grampa was all over Eastern Canada working in munitions dumps and such. He was just about to head to Japan when the bombs fell. It makes me proud that they both were ready and willing to serve but sad that there was a need. I wonder what would happen now.
If you want to listen to some women's memories of the war try this (Thanks for the link, Mom!): http://www.lemmonsisters.com/War/warlemmons.html
So have a moment of silence, thank a veteran and enjoy living in a relatively peaceful society.
Friday, November 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment