Monday, November 21, 2005

Harry Potter and the weekend-long nap



That was pretty much my weekend. Friday night I went to see HP which was good but there's a lot missing from the book. I guess there has to be because who wants to watch a 20 hour movie, right? I don't know what happened to me this weekend but I slept most of it away. I would be productive for a few hours and then nap for a few hours. Unfortunately, my being productive involved walking Dash and reading a bit of my book for book club so the house is still a fire hazard. I did spend some time with family too so that's always a good thing.

I was thinking this morning about the gum thing. Hmmm - maybe that needs some more explanation...I work at a university, right? So there are always students standing up against something. After the whole investigation into what's-his-face claiming things like gum and that for work, a clever group of students decided to have people pay for pieces of gum to send him a big pile of gum as a statement. Fortunately, coffee-buddy found this as silly as I did so we made fun of them for awhile. Does anyone out there understand why I should spend money to send gum to someone because they allegedly, wait for it, spent my money on gum??? If I'm willing to spend my money on gum to send them, why shouldn't they be allowed to spend my money on gum. On the other hand, what a great day at the office when someone sends a huge pile of gum.

What I'm listening to now: Little Bones, The Tragically Hip

No comments: