Friday, November 18, 2005

My Name is Earl

Today has been, well...eventful to say the least - not exciting but eventful - a good karma day. I woke up this morning to a blanket of snow in the park behind our house which the Dasher loved on his walk. Then I tried to open my car door...stuck. So I tried every trick in the book and couldn't open any of the doors. Momma to the rescue! I called the 'rents at home but got no answer so I called Mom's cell. She left her breakfast to give me her car, I dropped her off and headed to work in their car. After getting parking sorted out, I got here at 9:15 - about 30 - 45 minutes later than usual but it's a Friday and I often work late so I wasn't worried. Then I find out from the Director's assistant that one of the President's senior mucky-mucks was looking for me...at 8:45. Then at 9:00. Then he waited until almost 9:15 and said he'd come back at 9:50. Uh oh.

Turns out that I passed him coming into the building and held the door open and smiled at him. When he came at 9:50, he recognized me and had a favor to ask. Could I change the room I booked for tomorrow morning for the President - Sure! I'm going to be making calls all day to sort it out but it's not a big problem. He was delighted and called me all sorts of good names like "wonderful" and "fabulous". Then he went to the Director's Assistant's office and paid for the catering she was calling in at the time because we had helped him out!

So what started as a good day (Friday and Harry Potter day) and went on as a bad day has turned back into a good day.

Oh, just to be like some of my friends....

What I'm listening to now: Otis Redding, Deep Memphis Soul
What I'm reading now (not this second, I'm at work!): The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah, hurrah for all Moms!
SEL
:o)