After being late at work for the past couple of weeks to allow the workshop I was organizing for May 15 & 16 to be successful (which it was), I wasn't sure how this weekend would go. Here was the schedule for the weekend: Friday night: bachelor/bachelorette parties, Saturday: rehearsal & rehearsal lunch, Sunday: wedding setup, wedding & reception, Monday: post-wedding brunch.
I managed to stay for a good chunk of the bachelorette party and was allowed a subtle escape by my coffee husband's wife who's 29 weeks pregnant and had to go home. Since my husband was driving her's home and picking me up there, I had no choice but to leave, right? Of course, her husband walked in and called out "Hello wives! Hi wife-wife, hi coffee-wife!"
I played the officiant at the rehearsal. It was a lot of fun because I got to boss people around in one of the few settings in which I enjoy bossing people around. Apparently I seemed official too - one of the guests the next day was confused as they thought I was the wedding planner and not a guest. The rehearsal lunch was great fun too - I got to hang out with my boys who I don't see that often now that I've changed jobs. I also got to spend more time with the bride-to-be which was great since we've become good friends thanks to hours and hours spent crafting over wedding stuff.
Sunday I got all the decorations organized and put the finishing touches on the cake (which the bride had made herself). Then we had the wedding, ran home to feed the Dasher and ran back for the reception. I got a longer shout out than anyone in the speaches, including all 4 bridesmaids together, that was a little embarassing. I will only make 2 comments on the evening which will give you an idea of how much fun we had: 1 - my husband danced with me. A lot. 2 - my husband got a little confused when walking from the car to the house as to which direction the house was in.
By Monday all of the bridal party/hangers on were great friends and the brunch was fun.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment