It's that time of year again...cottage time. We were at a wedding all weekend (yes, ALL weekend, I'll discuss more later) so we couldn't go up but we're working on determining what the summer song will be. See, every year there's one song...a song that usually finds us and not the other way around. We listen to it on the way to the cottage, on the way to weddings, on the way to the car and I just keep hitting back every time it finishes because I do that. I re-read books, I re-watch movies and I can listen to the same song over and over again for hours. Plus, watching the husband's head implode is entertaining.
We have an eclectic mix of summer songs; last year's song was Jack Johnson's Better Together while the year before's was 50 Cent's Candy Shop. Although I didn't have official summer songs before I got married, some of my unofficial songs included Come on Eileen (Dexy's Midnight Runners) and Ghetto Superstar. 50 Cent songs will always be in the rotation though because a) they're fun, b) husband giggles like a little girl when I sing them in my high pitched singing voice and c) people tend to not expect me to know all the words.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment